Download Data Sheet: snifer hardware_ENG
The Cloning platform is composed of different modules or panels installed inside a PC for copying information from various external devices that can connect to the USB ports.
Cloning System Specifications
The Cloning System for USB data consists of three parts:
- Sniffer Module: copying data from USB ports.
- Central Module: Router and storage.
- Communications Module: Shipping out the stored data.
- Copies the data from Mass Storage peripherals that connect to the USB port and sends them via Ethernet to the central module for storage.
- At the PC, for transparency, it replicates the behaviour of all kinds of peripherals that connect to the USB port.
- Dumps information identified in the central module out onto a pendrive.
- Speed: Microprocessor Cortex A8> = 800MHz, High Speed USB ports, DDR memory.
- Size: SO-DIMM or similar, more backplane.
- Connections: SO-DIMM type, stackable with other modules in a common box, or alone with a connector adapted for easy installation in a PC. Part of the connectivity is implemented on a separate card in order to avoid redesigning the Sniffer PCB.
- Modularity: It is possible to connect two blocks of stacked Sniffer modules, one for the front ports of the PC and one for the rear.
- Power Supply: OTG port. All components are of low consumption.
- Collects the data extracted by the sniffer and store modules.
- Manages external requests for system configuration and data logging.
- Host Communications Module specifications:
- Processing: Cortex A8 Microprocessor type iMX535 with DDR2 RAM.
- Communications: Router 8-port 10/100 Ethernet (6 for Sniffer Modules, an MII bus to communicate with the microprocessor chip router, and a port for PLC). USB ports for handling communications peripherals and external storage.
- Size: 80mm x 80mm ultimate goal
- Storage: Read / write memory speed MLC / SLC. For versatility it is possible to use external MLC memory via USB.
- Power supply: 5V from the PC source
It is not a single piece of hardware but a set of peripherals whose function is to allow the Central module communicate with the exterior. All the communication channels with the exterior are bidirectional, allowing the system to move the copied data and also to receive commands viz: requests for data, updates, configuration requests, instructions to eliminate data, etc.
The USB ports on the Sniffer Modules can also be used for extracting data.
PLC Modem Specifications
- The PLC modem is an adaptor for Ethernet over mains electric cabling. For this it uses two channels:
- HP channel:
- Transfer rate: 200 Mbps on the physical layer, 70 Mbps on the application layer.
- Bandwidth used: from 2Mhz to 28 Mhz.
- Power: spiking at -50dBm/HZ, 260 mW
- MX channel
- Transfer rate: 880 Mbps on the physical layer, and rates of 300 Mbps UDP and of 250 Mbps TCP on the application layer.
- Bandwidth used: from 50Mhz to 300Mhz.
- Power: spiking at -80dBm/HZ, 2,5mW.
- Modulation: implemented by OFDM, Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing, using 1000 equi-spaced carriers in the HP band, and 250 in the MX band.
- Power Consumed: from 45mA to 50 mA in AC, depending on the work load.
- Power Supply: 220V AC
- Dimensions: 100x83x51 mm